Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!





Happy Memorial Day everyone! I love this day for spending time with friends and family and remembering the sacrifices of so many for our freedom! Today is also my wedding anniversary to my wonderful husband of 3 years!! Unfortunately I am not totally enjoying either of these occasions, because I am at work. That's what I get for working at the hospital...it never closes!

This weekend I had a couple of opportunities for craftiness and wanted to share them with you! I won a pattern in the Sew Mama Sew giveaway day event and knew I wanted to make something festive for Gray to wear. The pattern is called the Open Back Baby Dress by the Tye Dye Diva. You can purchase the pattern HERE. It's reversible. I made it all red white and blue with stars one one side and polka dots on the other! How cute is this???




My second crafting effort was making my first bag. When I go out shopping with Gray I always shove things in my pockets because carrying her and  purse can get pretty bulky. I decided to make a small and lightweight purse to carry just the essentials (keys, wallet, phone, lipgloss) in when we run out and I don't wanna carry a large purse or the diaper bag. It's fully lined with two pockets to hold my stuff! I bought some material today to make myself another bag. I'm working on the pattern now. If the bag turns out I'll share the pattern with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...