Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Carolina Breeze Bag


Last night was a slow night at work, and since my first bag-making experience was a good one...I decided to tackle something I never thought I would...making a PATTERN!! I looked a little nuts with all of that tape and paper laying everywhere, folding, creasing, and trying to pretend it was fabric...but it worked!

I had bought some fabric that I was totally in love with, as well as some burlap that I wanted to turn into a "beachy" bag. I just knew I had to make this bag with those! The pattern is in shambles in my sewing room, but I'm hoping to revive it so I can make some more! I love how it turned out!

Thanks to my wonderful husband for pointed out once I was "done" that it needed something else. He suggested a Monogram (such a good southern man) but you can't really monogram burlap, so I decided it would get a bow. After the bow went on I realized that no good southern bag is without either a bow or a monogram! I should have thought of that...but I'm glad he did!

It reminds me of strolling along the coast...hence the name Carolina Breeze

Fully lined with a pocket


I'm thinking of listing a couple on Etsy to see what kind of response it gets! Let me know if you want one!!!! It would be fabulous in any color or pattern on top!!

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog on the Aug 10 board. :) I love this bag, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! It's always nice to "meet" fellow Bumpies! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful bag. I love it! Perfect for summer and the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...