Saturday, May 28, 2011

Boobs are for Food

I realized I haven't written a post about breastfeeding, which is weird because it has been a HUGE part of my life for almost 10 months now! I was thinking about the things I love and hate about breastfeeding, and decided to share a top 10 list of the thngs that I love...and hate. We'll start with the negative:

Top 10 Reasons I Hate Breastfeeding

10) I haven't worn a cute top without a very thick bra in a LONG time
9) I don't love waking up to soaking wet sheets because Grayson slept a little 
    longer than usual
8) I would much rather be working than lock myself in my boss's office to pump
     twice a day. It's not a "break" no matter what others may think
7) I have to plan my outings around when Gray will eat, or when I need to pump
6) My cup size changes 7 or 8 times during the day....this makes bra fitting very
     problematic
5) I cannot stand the question "How long are you going to nurse?" followed by "That
     long???" Yes...that long....
4) I'm not happy that I'm still losing weight because of all of the extra burned calories.
     I need some meat on my bones.
3) I absolutely cannot stand people telling me "You can just feed her in the
    bathroom." How about this....Why don't you go eat in the bathroom, and I'll stay
     right here. Thanks!
2) I hate pumping...with a passion.....

1) And finally...I HATE pumping!!! (I know...I already said that.) But it's a necessary
    evil. I will burn that pump when I'm done with it.


Now...for the things I LOVE about breastfeeding

10) It's FREE! Come on...I had to include that one.
9) It can be very convenient. No bottles to warm or formula to mix. It's ready to go!
8) You don't have to "plan". It's ready when baby is and you won't run out!
7) I know my baby girl is much healthier because of it! She got her first runny nose at 9 months...I don't think it's a coincidence!
6) It can be a nice excuse to have quiet time when you're feeding your baby
5) It's the perfect food for baby and nothing she doesn't need!
4) I love to look at her face while she's nursing and she looks at me like she's saying
    "Thanks Mommy"
3) There's a special bond with my baby girl that no one else can have
2)I know that she needs me! (I know she needs me anyways...but eating is a little
    more urgent!)

1) Just because! I just love feeding my daughter and sharing that bond with her!

I didn't have a lot of support when I decided to breastfeed Grayson, but after seeing how well she has done people have really started to be more open-minded! I had a lot of learning to do myself, and I really enjoy talking about it to others.

 It has become very important to me to share the benefits to mommy and baby and let people know how much I love it! I know it's not for everyone, but I wouldn't have it any other way for Gray and me!

Linked at the Breastfeeding Blog Hop. Check it out for more great Breastfeeding Topics


4 comments:

  1. Way to go momma! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I am a BFing Mommy too and most of what you wrote is exactly how I feel too! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to all of the above comments. I am a mother of 2 children who has loved to be able to breastfreed. I was fortunate enough to breastfeed my son right up until 1 year - when i got preg. again with my daughter.
    I now have been breastfeeding 7 months plus with my daughter and although have switched out my mid day and dinner feedings with formuala - i LOVE our night and morning feeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with #10 on the hate list- can't wait to wear something that doesn't need to provide easy access to my boob! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...