Top 10 Reasons I Hate Breastfeeding
10) I haven't worn a cute top without a very thick bra in a LONG time
9) I don't love waking up to soaking wet sheets because Grayson slept a little
longer than usual
8) I would much rather be working than lock myself in my boss's office to pump
twice a day. It's not a "break" no matter what others may think
7) I have to plan my outings around when Gray will eat, or when I need to pump
6) My cup size changes 7 or 8 times during the day....this makes bra fitting very
5) I cannot stand the question "How long are you going to nurse?" followed by "That
long???" Yes...that long....
4) I'm not happy that I'm still losing weight because of all of the extra burned calories.
I need some meat on my bones.
3) I absolutely cannot stand people telling me "You can just feed her in the
bathroom." How about this....Why don't you go eat in the bathroom, and I'll stay
right here. Thanks!
2) I hate pumping...with a passion.....
1) And finally...I HATE pumping!!! (I know...I already said that.) But it's a necessary
evil. I will burn that pump when I'm done with it.
Now...for the things I LOVE about breastfeeding
10) It's FREE! Come on...I had to include that one.
9) It can be very convenient. No bottles to warm or formula to mix. It's ready to go!
8) You don't have to "plan". It's ready when baby is and you won't run out!
7) I know my baby girl is much healthier because of it! She got her first runny nose at 9 months...I don't think it's a coincidence!
6) It can be a nice excuse to have quiet time when you're feeding your baby
5) It's the perfect food for baby and nothing she doesn't need!
4) I love to look at her face while she's nursing and she looks at me like she's saying
3) There's a special bond with my baby girl that no one else can have
2)I know that she needs me! (I know she needs me anyways...but eating is a little
1) Just because! I just love feeding my daughter and sharing that bond with her!
I didn't have a lot of support when I decided to breastfeed Grayson, but after seeing how well she has done people have really started to be more open-minded! I had a lot of learning to do myself, and I really enjoy talking about it to others.
It has become very important to me to share the benefits to mommy and baby and let people know how much I love it! I know it's not for everyone, but I wouldn't have it any other way for Gray and me!
Linked at the Breastfeeding Blog Hop. Check it out for more great Breastfeeding Topics