Monday, May 30, 2011

Because Gerber is Gross... part 2

When we went to the beach two weeks ago, for convenience we took a few containers of Gerber baby food to give Gray along with her table food. Convenient...yes. Delicious...absolutely not! Don't get me wrong, Gerber is a wonderful company and have tons of great products for babies, many of which we use...but the baby food just doesn't do it for me. We were running a little low on Gray's homemade entrees, so I decided to whip up a new recipe for her.

A few years ago, Hubby and I had a great meal in Rock Hill, SC, of pork tenderloin with an cinnamon apple glaze. It was fabulous!! I haven't made Gray anything with pork yet, so I decided that this would be a good option to try for her! I just wish I had made two batches, because it was delicious! That kid eats better than we do!



Here's how to make it:

Ingredients:
4 small porkchops (just make sure the bones are out before you put them in the chopper...duh!)
1 large apple, I used a gala apple
3 tbs of light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cut your porkchops into small cubes. This will save you steps later and help them cook quicker. Dice your apple into small cubes. Place apples and pork into a casserole dish. Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over the top, and cover with foil.

Bake 30-40 minutes until pork is done and the juices are bubbly. Let cool for a few minutes, then place into a food chopper. Chop until it's the right consistency for your baby.You can add the pan juices if you need to. Place in ice cube trays and freeze! Voila!

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny. I was just complaining about the Gerber ingredients last week. Tuna oil? Gelatin? NO thank you! I found the ones with just the veggies and water and decided I'll start making my own. She's only just started eating veggies and fruit but how easy is it for me to just throw it in a blender and make it myself? I'm glad I'm not the only mom who takes a few minutes to think about what their child ingests. :) Good momming Jenilyn!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...