Monday, May 2, 2011

Babies Love Italian

We made an impromptu trip to the Olive Garden a few nights ago. I thought we were going home, so we didn't pack Grayson any food. I decided she would just be getting what I ate and she loved it! She ate the inside out of a breadstick ( I didn't want her to have garlic breath), and I mashed up some of my pasta. I decided that she needed a new meal option at home instead of the same old beef and chicken, so I made her some pasta with meat sauce.

Pasta with Meat Sauce- Baby Style

Ingredients:
1lb ground beef (or chicken, turkey, whatever meat you like)
3 tomatoes diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced ( I used green for color)
1 cup whole grain pasta

Cook pasta until tender, strain and set aside. Using your hands mix ground beef in enough water to cover, mashing it until it's broken into very fine pieces. Boil this until beef is cooked. In a sautee pan, cook vegetables until tender. Add veggies to the pasta and mash with a potato masher or a fork, really anything to break it into small pieces. Add in ground beef. Let cool then spoon into ice cube trays. Freeze for storage until your little one gets a craving for some pasta!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...