Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cupcakes {Tutorial}

A few days before Thanksgiving, my Deddy (yes...with an "e"), asked me if I could make some Pinapple Upside-Down cupcakes that he had seen on a TV show. I said "SURE" and asked for the recipe so I could whip them up for our family get-together. Of course....he didn't have a recipe. I figured I would make them like tiny versions of the popular cake! And ya'll....they turned out adorable and oh so delicious!

So I'm sharing my recipe and how I put them together.....


Ingredients:
1 box of yellow cake mix (it's smart...not cheating)
Eggs, water, and oil that your cake mix requires for baking
1 large (16oz) can of crushed pineapple
Small jar of cherries (the kind for desserts or sundaes)
Brown sugar
Makes 24 cupcakes

I started by spraying my cupcake pans really good with cooking spray. You won't use paper liners and we DON'T want these to stick.

Place a small spoonful of brown sugar in the bottom of each cup, then place a halved cherry in the center.

Open and strain your pinapple but Save The Juice, and put it aside. I used the pinapple juice instead of the water my cake mix called for to give the cupcakes a richer flavor. Mix up your cake according to the directions.

Place about 1 TBSP of crushed pineapple in each cup in your baking sheet, covering the cherry and the brown sugar. Mash it down a little to cover the bottom of the cup.

Pour in your batter until each cup is about 2/3 full. You want your cupcakes to bake flat and not dome up over the cups.


Bake according to the box and until a toothpick comes out clean. Immediately run a knife around the outside of each cupcake to loosen it from the baking sheet.


I placed a flat baking sheet over my cupcake pan and flipped it over to remove my cupcakes. They should come out looking like tiny, adorable Pinapple Upside-Down Cakes!


Happy Baking!!

4 comments:

  1. Soooo...if I used Gluten free cake mix, I could make these. That would be AWESOME! My hubby doesn't like cake, but I think he likes pineapple upside down cake. I'm gonna do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious!!! I'd love it if you shared these at a party that I have going on at Project Queen! I love pineapple upside down cake. Never thought of making cupcakes!

    http://projectqueen.org/welcome-to-link-party-12-turning-the-daunting-into-the-do-able

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look so delish! I cant wait to try to make them! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I'm definitely going to make these :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...