Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pool Robe For Gray

I love reading Craft Blogs. It consumes a lot of my free time (like I have any). Recently Dana over at MADE posted a new patttern for a beach robe for children, and I instantly fell in love. I'm not great at using patterns, so instead of buying her pattern....I took a super-old bath towel and started experimenting. It may not be as even or fancy as it would have been with the pattern....but she loves it and I do to!!

Gray loves swimming, but she gets cold once we're out before she gets good and dry. And...being 11 months old, she won't sit still with a towel wrapped around her. This is a perfect solution to keep her warm and dry after a pool or beach trip!


Gotta love that gap in her teeth!

It's big enough...it should fit her for at least a couple of summers


I think she looks like a Marshmallow Peep in this picture

 It didn't slow down play-time one little bit

I have thought about selling these. If you're interested, let me know! I would love to do a custom one just for your little one! I'm eventually going to add a belt to this one, or buttons to keep it closed. I think she likes it open though.


6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea and it looks great! I definitely think you should sell them. I know we could use some with all the swim meets we go to.

    Christina

    P.S. Visiting from voiceBoks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures :)
    I'm a new follower from Tuesday Train blog hop
    http://clairejustineoxox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cute! I may have to try to make one! Visiting and now following via I Love Blog Hopping Hop...hop on over to my blog and follow back if you like! http://mom4realky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I totally want to make one of these for the baby when he learned to swim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heck- this is seriously so cute! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...