Thursday, July 7, 2011

In 31 Days

In 31 days...I will have a ONE year old!! I have always been told how fast children grow up, but I never wanted to believe it. It feels like Gray should be 5, maybe 6 months old. But she's feeding herself, and trying to walk, saying "Mama" and "Dada" and turning into her own little person every day.

This also means I have been breastfeeding for 11 months now! Yay Me!! I'm getting really close to wanting to run over my pump with a garbage truck and set it on fire!....but I won't. I just need it one more month!

Now the countdown is really on to Gray's birthday party. I never thought planning a birthday party, especially one where the guest of honor doesn't expect anything, would be so difficult to get together! I made a checklist a while back and I've finally been able to scratch some things off of it. I keep refering to it as a very important guideline:

Create guestlist
Order Invitations
Send out invitations
Plan menu
Buy food for main menu
Order Cake
Buy decorations
Make Banner
Make autograph photo frame
Sew Birthday Dress
Make birthday hat
Sew streamers
Make Cake Pop favors
Make shot glass desserts
Clean House

Phew! Sounds like a lot...but it will all get done.

I love looking through pictures of Gray as she has grown...so I'll share some with you. Starting with the day after she was born.


Halloween

Thanksgiving
6 Months Old

7 Months Old

9 Months Old

Now

It's bittersweet watching her grow up. There are so many great memories to come!

6 comments:

  1. Lol, my son's birthday is in 30 days! I'm guessing our little kiddos were born a day apart. That's crazy! What a small little blogging world. Looks like you've gotten farther than I have. I just created the guest list yesterday. Pretty sure I need to get these invites done and mailed ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on BFing for 11 months! You can make it one more month! I did 13 months with twins... exclusively pumping. I lived with my pump and I have to say I should have run it over when we were finished. But thankfully I didn't and I still have it to *hopefully* use with this baby. But with only one, I think I will attempt actually BFing, no pumping every 2-3 hours... anyways, congrats to you and your little one! Happy early birthday to your cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "L"...her birthday is the 7th. That's neat that they're so close!

    Kelly....Bless your heart! Pumping for twins?! You are a hero in my book. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! She has turned into a very beautiful little girl. I LOVE the Clemson outfit!!! The autograph frame is an awesome thing to do! We did one for my daughter's first birthday and I still get excited when I see it hanging in the hallway. I'm planning a second birthday for my daughter next month. It is so exciting to plan birthdays for the little ones. Every year really is a celebration. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping over from the summer blog hop again! :-)

    She is just the cutest thing! I love how you make so many things yourself, so I'm excited to see the party decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is ADORABLE! I also have a daughter, she's soon one year and two months old :) Don't stress too much for the birthday party, it's true she's not expecting anything special but I'm sure she'll have fun and happy birthday! (I say this because I stressed too much and got quite exhausted). It's really fun to make preparations, though :) I really like your blog <3 I found you through Aquariann's Summer blog hop :)

    http://blog.aquariann.com/2011/06/summer-blog-hop-and-comment-spree.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...