Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Clemson Quilt

I've had this little baby in the back of my mind for a while, and I'm so happy it's DONE!
 
I took a little break from my scrapbusting crusade, and made a quilt for us to enjoy.
 
A nod to our favorite family tradition: The Clemson Quilt
 
 
 
This quilt actually took a lot of planning, from the math to actually putting the paw together, to the fabrics I wanted to use.
 
I used Riley Blake's Ombre in Orange for the paw. I wanted the paw to have some dimension, so I didn't want just solid orange. The ombre gives it a sweet mosaic look.



 
I had an IMPOSSIBLE time finding orange and white striped fabric for the binding, but finally ran across this 2" stripe by Riley Blake. I was worried it would be too wide, but now I love the dramatic "dashes" of color it adds to the border.


 
The quilting was an overall meandering pattern on the paw and white background.

 
And for a little contrast, I threw some straight lines on the border pieces.

 
The backing is this really cool tree bark pattern in Gray. It's from Hobby Lobby. I wanted the back to be pretty neutral, so this worked out great.

 
This quilt is pretty large, perfect for snuggling with BOTH babies on the couch (if I can get them to sit together).

 
I love love love it and can't wait to take it tailgating this year. It will keep us warm, and be a great picnic blanket for the kids to eat on too!





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I don't live too far from Clemson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - Thanks for sharing and linking up with us at the #WWDParty - have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are diehard Gamecocks but... you quilt is FAB! Wonderfully done!

    I would love for you to share your creativity at my Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! The party is live now and starts each Saturday morning at 8:00 am EST.

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say (and this is very hard for me to say this cause I'm a Gamecock) that is an amazing quilt. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...