Monday, October 7, 2013

A Sweet Peasant Dress

While I've been  busy working on my one-and-only boys sewing pattern a little crafting bug got to me, and I wanted needed to sew baby girl a new dress. She's going to be needing some long sleeved dresses soon, and with it being fall, she needed an orange dress (also game-day appropriate!)
 
I sewed her a similar dress last year, and as I began cutting out pieces, I decided I needed to take a few extra steps and make a pattern for YOU for this dress. So...it's on it's way. Hopefully it will be done well in time for you to do some fall sewing for your darling little girl.
 
The Laura Jane dress is a flowy, peasant-style dress with ruffled bell sleeves. The sleeves make it extra girly! It could also be shortened into a top or tunic.
 
Ya'll know my patterns are named after my girlfriends. Laura (or Duds, as she will always be to me) was the "mama" of our group in college. She was always the voice of reason, and is still my go-to for advice!


 
I love that it has a little bit of a Mod feel to it.

 
Seeing this sweet girl in her dress makes me want to bust out my boots and dresses!

 
Gorgeous, sweet, comfortable.

 
Here is the one I sewed up last year for her. Throw an orange bow in the mix and you've got a great Halloween ensemble! I added a ruffle to the bottom of the black version. It's a fun detail!
 
How did I get a baby with this much attitude???


 
Sugar and spice and a little bit of hot sauce....that's what this little girl is made of.


I can't wait to get this pattern finished and ready for you to sew. It's a fun one that will be a great staple in your baby girl's wardrobe!
 
Find all of your favorite Grits & Giggles sewing patterns HERE at Craftsy or HERE on Etsy

2 comments:

  1. This is precious - both the dress and the little model ;-) Haven't visited in a while - Your patterns are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...