Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Year-Round Wreath

With all of the beautiful fall wreaths out now, it was time for me to get on the ball and make ours. We have a BIG one that we use for fall, but I'm getting tired of it. We're also in between the times I like to use our Halloween Wreath and our Deco Mesh wreath.
 
Instead of making it too fall-like, I decided to make a nice year-round wreath. One big roll of jute ribbon, and some chevron burlap, and I had a beautiful wreath!
 
I made it very similar to how I made the Deco Mesh Wreath, but with less ties, since the jute was wired.
 
I used my new TOY (An embroidery machine!!! EEK!) to add some real personality to the tails of the bow. Of course, a Palmetto Tree, and our Monogram "M".
 
 
 
After posting a picture of it on Facebook, I got LOTS of responses for people wanting them! I was surprised and happy to see how much it was loved. Now there are many, many of these little babies on the doors of new homes.

 
While I'm in no way tired of chevron yet, I'm glad that this is more subtle. The dark gray and brown of the wreath makes it perfect to transition between holidays and seasons. My door loves it, and I love walking in to it.
 
See the Tutorials page for LOTS of DIY wreaths!

2 comments:

  1. Jute always makes me think of that sisterhood retreat back in college. :) I love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...