Thursday, May 22, 2014

Summer Knitting


I learned to knit only a few months ago after taking my first online knitting class at Craftsy. I made a little scarf and although it looked a little rough, I was proud of myself for learning something totally new! 

I've had the knitting bug again and have been wanting to make something plush and warm for winter. I know, I know...it's 90 degrees outside. I am a S L O W knitter so I figured if I started now it would be done by the time I wanted to wear it. 

I was inspired by a ridiculously beautiful scarf at the PurlBee. It had lots of beautiful colors and looked so warm and comfortable.

So I grabbed my knitting needles and got to work. I'm only using three colors. I wear a LOT of brown in the fall and wintertime, so I'm hoping it gets lots of good use. 

The "knit" side is looking smooth and pretty.



But for some reason I love the "purl" side even more. I like the bumps and texture.



I'm only on my third stripe, and I have a really long way to go, but I'm determined to finish it before fall. Hopefully I'll have a "finished" picture before winter comes!




Knitting Supplies at Craftsy.com

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Good for you Jenilyn. Love that yellow. It's such a cheery colour. I'm a slow knitter too, so I totally understand you starting now. I find that crochet moves a little faster - but some things just look better knitted! Looking forward to seeing the final product. :)
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheree! I agree, crochet goes soooo much quicker! But I like the clean lines of knitting. It's coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...