Monday, May 19, 2014

Mini-Scrapbusting

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have never owned a piece of sewing equipment that most would find essential.
 
I didn't own a pincushion.
 
Crazy...I know!!
 
So during my scrapbusting mission, I decided to make a little one and see if I liked it.
 
I grabbed 2 of my favorite prints out of my scrap bin and cut little 1 1/2" squares, then made a tiny patchwork top. A little stuffing and a few beans for weight and it was ready to go!

 
I am now IN LOVE with my pincushion. It's so nice not to reach into a little box of pins to pull out ONE. I didn't realize how much time I was wasting with my little pin "box".
(Not to mention how many times I've spilled the whole thing on the floor)
 
These are accessible, and most of all...it's cute sitting on my sewing table.

 
It didn't quite make a dent in my scrap bin, but it was needed and I love it. So it's okay.
 
Now I need some cuter pins.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...