Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Rainbow Quilt: Progress

While organizing I realized that I have a ridiculous number of fabric scraps. Some are from quilts, but most are from clothing that I've made for the babies. This has resulted in LOTS of very colorful scraps.

I love a good scrapbusting project, so I decided it was time to do another quilt, and maybe make a major dent in my stash. So one night I got out my stash of scraps, and sorted them by color. This was a very pretty mess! Then I got to cutting. I decided to make some string blocks to use as many scraps as possible.

I sewed the strips together by color family, and ended up with 11 big pieces of scrappy fabric.


Every color of the rainbow made it in.



I cut 2 6" blocks out of each color piece, cut those into triangles, and reassembled them into scrappy squares that measure about 8 1/2". Aren't they pretty??


I'm having a hard time deciding on a favorite right now, but it's a close tie between the dark blue and the teal block.

Hubby loves the gray one.


Random, scrappy, and colorful.

Too bad this didn't even kind of make a dent in my scraps. I guess I've got a lot more scrappy projects coming my way to get rid of some of that scrap!


I'm adding sashings now, then it will hit the machine to be quilted. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...