Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thanks Anthropologie...

How many of you remember the Sweet August Dress I made a couple of years ago?

 
It was inspired by the shape of an Anthropologie dress that I loved...but couldn't afford. Their dress was brown and covered with lemons, and beautiful. But I wanted an orange one, and a cheaper one, so I made it myself.
 
While browsing through Anthropologie the other day, I found this dress....
 

 
It's made of the same material as my Sweet August Dress...and it comes in Orange!!! V-Neck, waist band, gathered skirt, shirred back. I guess we've come full circle.
 
Obviously I'm not saying Anthropologie copied my tutorial to make their dress...but it's a nice thought...isn't it?? I can live in a dream world for now.
 
I'm hoping I can make a few more dresses for me this summer, but with two littles in the house, time for sewing has become rather slim. One day....







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...