Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fruit on Safari Dress

Gray's birthday dress is finished! I know we still have a couple of months until the big day, but I couldn't help myself.

I used the Kaileigh Dress pattern....which is REVERSIBLE!

Which means, Gray has two new dresses to wear.

I couldn't help but name this dress....


The fruity side has a lattice patterned green border, and some seeds.


I added some funky pockets to the "Safari" side for her to stash her treasures.


To add the seeds to the dress (or ANY dress) I simply cut teardrop/seed shapes from black felt. I did 4 seeds per side.


Pin them to the fabric and stitch them on using a straight stitch.


She is, in fact, going to be a diva.


She was showing me the rocks she hid in her pockets.


I think she still wanted to have her pockets.
 No watermelon for this girl today!



The "Safari" side is for her birthday outfit. This dress is so stinking cute on her. She gets to wear it twice as much...just flip it over!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I have been looking for different dress patterns to make dresses for my baby girl. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...