Thursday, July 17, 2014

3 Krispy Treats: an afternoon snack

Sometimes I just want to make a little snack. Something special for the kids and me for good behavior, or a special day, or a Tuesday. If I make a giant batch of cookies, or a whole pan of rice krispy treats, more than likely some will be thrown out, because we just can't eat them all.

While eating breakfast a while back with Hubby (eating fruity pebbles), I was reminded of how we used to make krispy treats with them in college. Yummmmm! I told him I was going to try to make just three for a mid-morning snack. And it worked!!



Ingredients:

1 cup krispy cereal
3 large marshmallows (the roasting size)
1 tbsp butter


In a small saucepan, heat butter until melted, then add marshmallows. 

Stir around until the marshmallows are completely melted. 

Stir in cereal, coating it well with the sticky mixture. 

Pour mixture into a glass dish, and form into a rectangle. Just use your fingers, or a spatula. 


Cut into 3 (or 4 smaller) squares of krispy treats!


A 5 minute afternoon snack, perfect for celebrating a good day, or a Tuesday. 
And no piles of snacks leftover!



Happy Snacking!


2 comments:

  1. Not once have I thought to make such a small batch! So perfect, and wonderful way to always have fresh treats. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever! Perfect so I don't eat the entire pan! Thank you so much for linking this up to The Creative Collection Link Party.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...