Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Water Sling

During the Becoming Mommy series here at Grits & Giggles, I shared my tutorial for making your very own Ring Sling to carry your infant or toddler comfortably, hands free!
 
As we prepared to go to the beach a few weeks ago, I decided that keeping up with a toddler with an infant in tow would be a little challenging without some extra hands. As much as I LOVE my linen sling, I knew it would get heavy in the water and probably be uncomfortable for me and my tiny human.
 
So...I created the Water Sling!!


 
The water sling is made just like the regular ring sling, but is made out of Lycra/Spandex material. It's still very durable, doesn't hold water, and is super comfortable to wear.
I did use a stretch stitch on my machine to allow the seams to pull and stretch more without the thread breaking.
 
Because it does contain sooooo much stretch, you do have to adjust the sling to be extra tight on your little one, but my tiny human looks super comfortable being that close to mommy.

 
I got to spend the day at the beach playing with (and chasing) my baby girl without worrying about needing extra hands, or dragging around a wet and heavy baby carrier.
 
It was perfection.


It will be even more fun this summer in the POOL as baby girl learns how to swim! I can keep baby boy close to me, and keep both hands on my little swimmer.


3 comments:

  1. super cute! I've seen these before made with a mesh material/cotton, but the spandex is a super idea too!! Have you seen the offer for a free fathers day card from TREAT? I've posted the details on my blog and it really is free! No tricks :o) Just trying to pass along the offer!
    Emily @ Nap-Time Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea! I love baby wearing, but have never tried it at the beach or pool. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I have seen mesh water slings before, but never one like this. I love the fabric you used- so fun and bright! :) We'd love for you to share this at Much Ado About Monday, if you get a chance. http://www.huckleberrylove.com/2013/06/much-ado-about-monday-no-12.html

    ~Emily
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...