Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Monogrammed Nursery Art from See Vanessa Craft



I am so excited today to share the first guest post as part of our
Becoming Mommy
Series!
 
Vanessa is one of my Bloggy/Mommy friends who I just adore. She is a wiz with home decor and party planning, and shares everything so we can create too! Today she's sharing with us some adorable nursery art, perfect for a little boy or girl!


 
Hello Grits & Giggles readers! I'm Vanessa from See Vanessa Craft, where I blog about my love for glitter and glue guns. Thank you to Jenilyn for inviting me to be part of her "Becoming Mommy" series. This definitely doesn't help my baby fever. I'd love for you to stop by my blog and say hello! You can also find me on facebook, twitter and pinterest. On to the tutorial! I'll be showing you how to make felt monogram art for the nursery. It is super easy to do and makes for a great baby shower gift. You can change the colors to match the nursery for a unique and special gift. Check out my hand dyed & freezer paper onesies tutorial for another baby shower gift idea.
Materials

 Frame
Felt
Scrapbook Paper
Embroidery Thread & Needle
Scissors
Paper Cutter (or scissors)
Letter Stencil (or print out your own)
Marker
Monogram Nursery Art 1


Directions

Step 1: Cut the piece of scrapbook paper to fit inside of the frame.
Monogram Nursery Art 2


Step 2: You can make your own letter stencil by typing out your favorite block letter font onto a word document, and then print the letter out on card stock and cut it out. Using the marker, trace the letter stencil to the backside of the felt. Cut out the felt letter.
Monogram Nursery Art 3


Monogram Nursery Art 4

Step 3: Stitch around the letter with embroidery thread.
 

Step 4: Place the letter on top of the scrapbook paper and place inside of the frame. You can secure the letter to the scrapbook paper using glue or tape if needed.
 
Monogram Nursery Art 6
 
Step 5: Trace the letter on leftover scrapbook paper and attach to white card stock to make a matching card. You can tie the card to the frame using a piece of ribbon or yarn.
 
Monogram Nursery Art 7

Monogram Nursery Art 9

Monogram Nursery Art 8
Brought to you by: See Vanessa Craft

So cute Vanessa! Thanks for stopping by!

Make sure you come back for the next TWO weeks for DIY baby/maternity/shower projects. There's lots more to come!
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...