Monday, December 10, 2012

Baby Legs by Free Time Frolics



Today I'm very excited to welcome Adrienne from Free Time Frolics. She is a super-mommy, raising her babies and creating along the way.

Hello Grits & Giggles Readers!! I am so excited to be here today sharing a fun Becoming Mommy Tutorial. I am Adrienne from Free Time Frolics.  I am a Mommy of 4 kiddos.  I love to sew, craft, bake and hang out with my 4 crazy kids!  I love to make fun stuff for my home and family. Anything I make in my free time you'll find on my blog, Free Time Frolics!




2 years ago I was pregnant with my last baby.  We had not expected to have another baby and gave everything away. We knew he would be our last, so in an effort to save money we have tried to use hand-me-downs.   I love Baby Legs.  Who doesn't love a great pair of leg warmers?? I love to use them in the summer, especially if you have a crawler. {I have to confess I love to use them too.  My arms get cold when I am sewing in my basement but I really don't like long sleeve shirts.  These are perfect. They keep my arms warm with out all the bulk.}  So to save a little I decided to make my own baby legs.  The tutorial is super simple so let's get started!


We we live in good old Idaho.  We have maybe 3 months of summer and 9 long months of winter.  But even in the summer the mornings are cool and the afternoons hot.  It's hard dressing baby for the weather.  Some mornings this big guy needs a little extra.  I love baby legs but they are not always easy to find.  I have looked and can't find a store.  So here is a little DIY for those on a budget, can't find what you want or just plain old cheap.  I fall in to the all three category.


Start off with a pair of ladies knee socks. I got mine at Target for $2 each. Fall is the best time to find these. they may call them boot socks or knee socks. 



Next cut off your tags and unfold. You will next cut the socks just above the heel. Before the curve.
Then take the foot of the sock. cut the center section out. (The straight part of the foot.) Cutting off the toe and the heel.
When done you should have 4 pieces. You can now throw away the heel and toe. 



Next Take the short piece of the sock. (The part you cut form the foot) and fold in half. Take the folded piece and put it around the long piece with raw edges together. 
Stitch with a long stitch around the raw edges.  Stitching all three layers together.  I like to stretch mine as I sew.  It gives them a little more stretch for Chubby legs. 


All finished.  Quick and easy.  My little guy has been sporting these this summer.  With crawling in the works I have one more reason to make a few more. 



Thanks for visiting!  Let me know what you think.
I love to read your comments.Here are a few more links to baby projects I have made!
Pull Over Bibs, Nursing tanks for Moms,
Onesie Bow Ties and Onesie Neck Ties
Anytime I have Free Time you will see it on my blog! Come on over visit Free Time Frolics

Thanks so much Jenilyn for inviting me to share New Mommy Projects!!




2 comments:

  1. Great idea and such a cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pair of baby legs that I gifted with the birth of my 3rd baby... and I LOVE them! I am totally going to be trying this tutorial! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...